This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. Waters treated with this product may be hazardous to aquatic organisms. Treatment of aquatic weeds and algae can result in oxygen loss from decomposition of dead algae and weeds. This oxygen loss can cause fish and invertebrate suffocation. To minimize this hazard, do not treat more than 1/2 of the water body to avoid depletion of oxygen due to decaying vegetation. Wait at least 14 days between treatments.
Begin treatment along the shore and proceed outwards in harnds to allow fish to move into untreated areas. Consult with the State or local agency with primary responsibility for the regulating pesticides before applying to public waters to determine if a permit is required.
This product may be toxic to trout and other species of fish. Fish toxicity is dependent upon the hardness of water. do not use in water containing trout if the carbonate hardness of the water does not exceed 50ppm. Do not use in waters containing Koi and hybrid goldfish. Not intended for use in small volume, garden pond systems.
Certain water conditions including low pH (<6.5), low dissolved organic carbon (DOC) levels (3.0 mg/L or lower), and "soft" waters (i.e. alkalinity less than 50 mg/L), increases the potential acute toxicity to non-target aquatic organisms.
For applications in waters destined for use as drinking water, those must receive additional and separate potable water treatment. Do not apply more than 1.0 ppm as metallic copper in these waters.